- Here comes National Novel Writing Month
- National Novel Writing Month: Days 1-5
- National Novel Writing Month Days 6-10
- National Novel Writing Month Days 11-15
- National Novel Writing Month? Completed it. (days 16-18)
- National Novel Writing Month: Pivot (day 19)
- National Novel Writing Month Days 20-23
- National Novel Writing Month: Victory
- National Novel Writing Month in Review
It’s that time again.
Tomorrow will officially mark the beginning of what many people are now calling “November”.
And, with the beginning of “November” comes more than just Christmas shopping, Christmas songs and lots of people crying about how cold it is.
November is also National Novel Writing Month.
For the uninitiated, National Novel Writing Month is where loads of people write a novel in a month. Loads here being an official stat.
Myself, I always try to write my novel drafts in a month, but I’ve never gone in for NaNoWriMo before.
This isn’t because I feel utter contempt for other writers and loathe participating in anything that reminds me of their existence. Although there is that. It’s more because it’s never been convenient before. When November hits, I’m usually halfway through another project. That project being my first campaign in the new Football Manager Beta.
But this year is different.
The new Football Manager has changed enough to piss me off, and I finished my last writing project ten days ago. Now I’m looking for something to write while that first draft gestates (gestates?!)
NaNo has come along at the perfect time.
As for the project itself, I don’t want to talk too much about it as it could be a long time before anything gets released.
Saying that, I do think it might be interesting to talk about my NaNo experiences themselves. That’s why I’m writing this. I’m going to take notes of my progress day to day and post them up here for all my readers to see.
I’m sure the three of you will be thrilled.
So, tomorrow is November, and my next first draft begins.
Latest posts by Mark Ayre (see all)
- Man vs Bookshelf: Whatever You Say I Am - 11/07/2018
- 5 tips for turning your crap first draft into a decent book - 07/07/2018
- Man vs Bookshelf: Story - 01/07/2018