- Here comes National Novel Writing Month
- National Novel Writing Month: Days 1-5
- National Novel Writing Month Days 6-10
- National Novel Writing Month Days 11-15
- National Novel Writing Month? Completed it. (days 16-18)
- National Novel Writing Month: Pivot (day 19)
- National Novel Writing Month Days 20-23
- National Novel Writing Month: Victory
- National Novel Writing Month in Review
DAYS TWENTY-FOUR & TWENTY-FIVE
Written 26/11/2017 for 25/11/2017 and 24/11/2017
Yes. Another zero-day.
It was a Friday.
A real shit day actually. Not only was it my second zero-day but I didn’t even get any reading done in the evening.
So yeah, that was a real ‘cry yourself to sleep’ evening for me.
Yesterday was better. It had to be. I only needed to get one word. I did that and more.
Still didn’t get much reading done, so that’s not great.
But the words come first.
Estimated words to complete book: 92,000
Words for par, Day 25: 76,667
Words written: 3,547
Total words: 77,691
Words over Target: 1,024
Average per day: 3,107
Anyway, it’s Sunday now.
On Monday, when I did 4,000 words, I had dreams of finishing the book today, but I don’t see that happening now unless the book turns out to be much shorter than expected (entirely possible).
So, we’ll see how we get on, anyway.
I’ll let you know.
Written 26/11/2017 for 26/11/2017
Okay, I smashed it.
Against all the odds.
Against my own expectations.
Here it is. The final count:
Final First Draft Word Count: 90,025
Days to complete: 26
Words written on final day: 9,048
Total words: 90,025 (assuming 3,306 words went missed along the way)
Average per day: 3,462
Okay so, first, let’s explain that 3,036 thing.
The final project is 90,025 words, but counting up the list of word counts I kept along the way, I’ve somehow, somewhere missed 3,036. Not sure how that’s happened, but let’s just accept it as a thing, shall we?
The important thing is I did it.
After a bad start, I didn’t think I would even get 50,000 words done, let alone the whole book.
But I smashed 50,000 words on day 18, beating the NaNoWriMo target, and went on to write another 40,000 words in the next eight days.
Pretty damn good considering everything else I’ve completed in November which amounts to:
- Writing and scheduling 10 blogs
- Finishing 5 books and getting halfway through a sixth, meaning a total of 1,903 pages read.
- 150 hours of work
- Two nights out
- Two days travelling to and from Yorkshire
- Visiting three sets of grandparents and one set of parents
- A trip to the cinema
- Several other social events
- Having a full-time girlfriend
So yeah, I don’t want to say it, but you can.
I’m pretty damn amazing.
Now, it’s only ten to five on Sunday now, and I’ve got another blog to write, but I intend to post this tonight, then I’ll do a round-up of my thoughts on National Novel Writing Month and the first draft I’ve produced in a few days time (Dec 1st I imagine), so look out for that.
Meanwhile, everyone enjoy a drink celebrating me tonight. Go on, I’ve earned it for you.